Three f(x) Ice Cream & Waffles

Three f(x) Ice Cream & Waffles

Postby tripindipular » June 24th, 2012, 6:35 pm

This place just opened near my apartment and I stopped in today to try them out. I wasn't sure what to expect, besides the obvious 2 choices that the name suggests. I was very surprised to find that they are, in fact, very very cool.
The ice cream is all made right in front of you. Literally. I mean they take cream,sugar, and any add-ins (whole strawberries in my case) and use a hand blender to mix them all up. Then they pour the concoction into this fancy little super cold hibachi-type thing, and magically turn the stuff into ice-cream right before your eyes. The guy even did this neat little scrape and chop thing with his "tools". Then, for no additional cost, he asked me if I wanted anything mixed in post-freeze. I picked sprinkles and another fresh strawberry. He slap-chops it like they do at Coldstone's and voila: fresh as can be ice cream.
For the waffle I chose Raspberry Cream Cheese. I didn't see the process since I was so enthralled with the ice cream station, but in the end I had what looked like a little fish filled with hot, gooey goodness. Apparently they call them "Taiyaki" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiyaki) and they are AMAZING.
For lunch they have a special, 3 taiyaki and a drink for $6. Not bad. They come in some more savory options too, such as ham and cheese.

Bottom line: Check them out, very affordable, and totally delicious.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Three-Fx- ... 5685934552
tripindipular

Re: Three f(x) Ice Cream & Waffles

Postby foodiesusa » June 25th, 2012, 4:13 pm

My guess is that the "cold hibachi thing" you're referring to is an Anti-Griddle. Sounds cool and can't wait to stop by!

Thanks for writing about them!
foodiesusa

Postby zoeyku » September 11th, 2013, 2:27 am

My guess is that the "cold hibachi thing" you're referring to is an Anti-Griddle.
zoeyku

Postby startrak » April 12th, 2018, 8:28 am

A foodies club in which you can enjoy the recipe of your choice and you can find the best entertainment.Just find the best option here with the uk essay writing services and enjoy more latest topics to enjoy the whole section.
startrak

Return to Florida