and moved the puck to his right to the st

and moved the puck to his right to the st

Postby lw789 » April 12th, 2018, 2:59 am

ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates -- Rory McIlroy birdied his last two holes to post a 5-under 67 and lie two shots off the lead two rounds into the Abu Dhabi Championship on Friday. At 7 under overall in the European Tour event, McIlroy was rapt to be in contention for a second win in three tournaments. Playing partner Phil Mickelson was also happy, though in relief to make the cut by two shots at 1 under with a 70 after a first-round 73. "Im really glad I made the cut and I now have a chance over these next two days, because I kind of keyed in on something with my swing starting to feel much better," Mickelson said. "I really need these two days to get my game in shape." Mickelson was impressed with McIlroys form. "His game looks really sharp and his driving was impeccable," Mickelson said of McIlroy. Tied for the lead were Scotlands Craig Lee (67) and Spains Rafa Cabrera-Bello (68) at 9 under, a stroke ahead of Englands Danny Willett (63), who eagled the par-5 8th hole at National Course beside seven birdies. McIlroy was sharing fourth with Argentinas Ricardo Gonzalez (66) and Denmarks Thomas Bjorn (70). He was holding the end-of-2013 form that saw him come from behind and defeat Masters champion Adam Scott in the Australian Open in Sydney last month. "Its a great position to be in, as Im only a few off the lead, so Im excited," McIlroy said. He was happy to compare with how he missed the cut a year ago, when he debuted new equipment and left himself and sponsor Nike red-faced. In that humbling display of consecutive 75s were two double bogeys and seven bogeys. "Coming off the last green last year, after 36 holes, I was deflated to say the least," he said. "The week didnt go as how I imagined it or how I planned. But its so much better this year. Im happy with how Im playing. Im striking the ball really well. I got a few putts to drop on the back nine, which was nice. And yeah, I mean, I feel like if I can keep hitting it the way I have been, Ive got a great chance to win in this tournament." While McIlroy won two tournaments ago in Sydney it has been 13 months since his last success on the European Tour when he birdied his closing five holes in winning the season-ending World Tour Championship in nearby Dubai. Cabrera-Bello is also no stranger to winning in the Emirates, having captured the 2012 Dubai Desert Classic. The overnight leader dropped a shot at his last hole, the ninth, to fall into a tie with Lee, who seeks his first win on tour. "I have been practicing hard the last two weeks and trying also to get back into shape, so Im glad that is all paying off," Cabrera-Bello said. Adam Jones Jersey .5 million. The 25-year-old Varlamov is thriving under first-year coach and Hall of Fame goaltender Patrick Roy, posting a 26-9-5 record with a 2. Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys .J. Mayo made seven three-pointers and scored 25 points, Ersan Ilyasova added 20, and the Milwaukee Bucks placed seven players in double figures in a 130-110 rout of the Philadelphia 76ers, who lost their 11th straight game on Monday night. http://www.nflbengalsgearofficial.com/v ... ey-jersey/. The same for both the Calgary Flames and the Edmonton Oilers. Kevin Minter Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. A.J. Green Jersey . These days, just about anyone can get a taste of the friendship that has blossomed between All-Star Kevin Durant and Oklahoma City Thunder teammate James Harden, most famous in the past two weeks or so for the elbow to the head he took from the Los Angeles Lakers Metta World Peace.NEW YORK -- The Rangers clutch victory over the Stanley Cup champions earlier this week would have lost a lot of lustre if New York couldnt back it up against the struggling Dallas Stars. The Rangers needed 58 minutes to get ahead -- and then spent the final two holding on. Rick Nash snapped a tie with 1:58 left, and the Rangers sent the Stars to their fifth straight loss, 3-2 on Friday night. New York is 7-2-1 in its last 10, but more importantly, the Rangers followed up their stirring win at Chicago on Wednesday with another one at home. "We talked about it this morning," said Henrik Lundqvist, who made 24 saves to earn his second straight win. "Its always a great feeling when you come up big in the end of a game." Nash poked a rebound of Chris Kreiders shot past goalie Kari Lehtonen to give New York its first lead. Nash has 10 goals this season and three in three games. "I think it was 50 per cent luck ... well, probably 70 per cent luck and 30 per cent skill," Nash said of his 50th game-winner. "I was just following the puck. It went a little bit higher than anticipated, but luckily it went in." Ryan Callahan and Derick Brassard both erased one-goal Rangers deficits, and Brad Richards had two assists to extend his point streak to four games (two goals, four assists). Ryan Garbutt and Cody Eakin both had a goal and assist, but the Stars remained winless in 2014. Lehtonen stopped 31 shots for Dallas, which went 0-3 on its three-game trip through the New York metropolitan area. "I thought we skated better," Stars coach Lindy Ruff said. "I thought we created a little bit more and I thought we were better with the puck. We still have a ways to go, though." After being shut out for the first time this season in a 1-0 loss at New Jersey on Thursday, the Stars got their offence on track early -- grabbing the lead 4:06 in on Eakins ninth goal. Garbutt outraced Rangers defenceman Marc Staal to a loose puck deep in the New York end and sent a pass back to Eakin in the right circle. Eakin let go a shot that Lundqvist blocked with his arm, but couldnt control as it found its way in. Dallas had the lead despite being outshot 8-3 at the time in the sluggish firrst period that featured multiple icings and frequent faceoffs.dddddddddddd New York tied it with 8:40 left in the period on Callahans eighth of the season and first in five games since the Rangers captain returned from a nine-game absence caused by a sprained knee ligament. Benoit Pouliot kept the puck in the Dallas zone at the right point and got it to Richards, who took a shot. Richards got to his rebound and moved the puck to his right to the streaking Callahan, who snapped in a drive as he was flying to the ice. Dallas regained the lead 3:34 into the second on Garbutts eighth goal. Antoine Roussel sent a pass that Garbutt knocked down with the shaft of his stick. He then jammed the puck between Lundqvists pads. However, the Rangers tied it 2-2 just 4:48 later when Brassard scored a power-play goal on the games first advantage. Mats Zuccarello sent a hard shot from above the right circle into the slot where Brassard deflected it past Lehtonen for his seventh of the season and fifth on the power play. "I didnt do much. I just shot it. All the credit to him," Zuccarello said of Brassard. "If its there, its there. If its not there, its not there. "I just shot it. He made a really nice tip. Its a skill play by him." The Rangers, who swept the two-game season series from Dallas, have scored a power-play goal in nine of the past 12 games. "When a power play works, it keeps the other team honest because they dont want to see the power play on the ice," Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said. "Our power play has been working real well for us. Its been giving us momentum, its been giving us timely goals." New York had other scoring chances in the second, including several scrums in front of the net, but couldnt convert. Nash shot wide on a breakaway, and Richards struck the crossbar with a drive. NOTES: Callahan had an assist in each of his previous three games. ... Stars D Aaron Rome returned after missing two games with an upper-body injury. ... Garbutt has three goals in his last eight games. ... Dallas received its only power play in the third period. ... Rangers C J.T. Miller, scratched for the second straight game, is going down to Hartford of the AHL. Cheap Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys ' ' '
lw789

Return to USA